Hello!

Sign In or Register to be able to read everything! Graphic Balloon is a community designed to provide a meeting point for the creative minds. Join. Help. Discuss. Inspire. :)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Gorilla killed for a kid

Message (Page 1 of 2)

Anonymous

Posted Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:44 am

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/29/us/cincinnati-zoo-gorilla-shot/

What do you guys think?

Malcolm

Malcolm

Posted Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:19 am

Terran wrote:http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/29/us/cincinnati-zoo-gorilla-shot/

What do you guys think?

I think it was unnecessary, the gorilla showed no aggression towards anyone. The people that they should be focused on is the parents, how on earth did a kid fall in?

Anonymous

Posted Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:39 am

@Malcolm, I was thinking the same thing, the blame's on the parents and the zoo's staffs. Sad fact is, the zoo only did that for their own sake, they were less interested that the kid might get hurt in general. Peoples will stop coming to their zoo if things happened otherwise, because some are still in favor of saving a human over an animal.

Mimóza

Mimóza

Graphician
Graphician

Posted Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:37 am

Oh, it's wrong in so many ways... 
Where were the parents? How could the kid get in there? Why was it necessary to kill that poor being?

I can't blame the zoo staff, we have to see that it wasn't an everyday situation, they tried to do their best and save the kid. On the other hand, the parents can't be blamed either, you can't keep your eyes on your kid 24/7, it's enough to look away for a minute and the problem happens... Neutral
Unfortunate story, hope the zoo will make some changes so that this won't be happen again. Sad

https://www.deviantart.com/dianagyms/gallery/all

Anonymous

Posted Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:48 pm

Yes you made great points. I'm starting to question the fence though, how could a kid fall from that?

Malcolm

Malcolm

Posted Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:25 pm

I tried taking a look at the exhibit, but there is too many trees in the way to even see the exhibit.

Anonymous

Posted Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:46 am

I believe they already locked out the place.

BlackScorpion

BlackScorpion

The Quiet Type

Posted Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:13 am

Under the situation, they did the right thing, think about what could have happened to that child, if they didn't? Many of you guys are young and might not understand m but when you have child f your own, you will see things in a different light.

Anonymous

Posted Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:38 am

BlackScorpion wrote:Under the situation, they did the right thing, think about what could have happened to that child, if they didn't?  Many of you guys are young and might not understand m but when you have child f your own, you will see things in a different light.

We understand, though if only they had waited a little more longer, the outcome would've been better.

There are approximately 7.4 billion humans, but few silverbacks living out there so yeah Gorilla killed for a kid  1f62c

BlackScorpion

BlackScorpion

The Quiet Type

Posted Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:14 am

Terran wrote:
BlackScorpion wrote:Under the situation, they did the right thing, think about what could have happened to that child, if they didn't?  Many of you guys are young and might not understand m but when you have child f your own, you will see things in a different light.

We understand, though if only they had waited a little more longer, the outcome would've been better.

There are approximately 7.4 billion humans, but few silverbacks living out there so yeah  Gorilla killed for a kid  1f62c

Do you have children? Sure, maybe wait till the silverback attacks the kid instead of dragging him correct? SO basically what your saying is a Silverbacks life is worth more than a child?

Anonymous

Posted Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:59 am

BlackScorpion wrote:Do you have children? Sure, maybe wait till the silverback attacks the kid instead of dragging him correct? SO basically what your saying is a Silverbacks life is worth more than a child?

No, I don't have one. We can't simply waste a life of an endangered gorilla for an assumption that it will attack the child, the video showed that the silverback was protecting the kid from the peoples (who are obviously screaming, thus worsening the situation). I'm not someone to decide who gets to live or not, nor the Zoo staffs, thinking that a child is worth saving more than an endangered animal is wrong too. I'm saying, they both can be saved if waited longer. Gorilla killed for a kid  1f62c

BlackScorpion

BlackScorpion

The Quiet Type

Posted Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:09 am

Terran wrote:
BlackScorpion wrote:Do you have children? Sure, maybe wait till the silverback attacks the kid instead of dragging him correct? SO basically what your saying is a Silverbacks life is worth more than a child?

No, I don't have one. We can't simply waste a life of an endangered gorilla for an assumption that it will attack the child, the video showed that the silverback was protecting the kid from the peoples (who are obviously screaming, thus worsening the situation). I'm not someone to decide who gets to live or not, nor the Zoo staffs, thinking that a child is worth saving more than an endangered animal is wrong too. I'm saying, they both can be saved if waited longer.  Gorilla killed for a kid  1f62c

Or the situation could of gotten worse with both ending up dead.

Anonymous

Posted Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:24 am

Maybe. Anyway, it's already done, I only wish it could've been gone with both of them living rn. Gorilla killed for a kid  1f601

Reaper

Reaper

Happy Camper

Posted Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:33 pm

This story is just wrong in so many ways, They should've never hurt the innocent guy. It's obviously the mothers fault, for not paying attention to her son.

Enigma

Enigma

The Quiet Type

Posted Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:55 pm

The zoo wanted to protect themselves from a lawsuit.

Gorillias are not aggressive and the boy would have been fine. If they just shut up the crowd and moved towards a better app each in retrieving the boy, all would be fine.

Sponsored content

Posted

Message (Page 1 of 2)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum